Happy Sunday, friends! Happy National Day of Prayer for our country in this state of emergency. I hope we will all spend more time talking to God today than we talk about this virus. I hope we look at His Word and seek His face above the latest news and information being tossed our ways. I pray we would humble ourselves, surrender our fears and lack of control and let God be God.
Three things to remember as believers in Jesus:
- We are the Light of the World
- Isaiah 60:1 says, “Arise, shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.”
- Matthew 5:16, “let your light shine before man.”
- This light the Lord gives is full of grace, truth, hope and peace. This light is inside of us believers and followers of Christ!
- We are a City on a Hill
- Matthew 5:14, “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.”
- When we walk in this light, we will stand firm in uncertain times. We will have peace in the chaos and others can be drawn to the Lord by our faithfulness.
- We are Set Apart to Pray
- 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If my people who are called by My Name would humble themselves, pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land.”
- We are set apart for such a time as this to PRAY for our nation, our world. For hope to spread, for healing to be present in hearts and of course in health. But even if the healing just comes in our hearts and not in eradicating the coronavirus, He is still good, still working and always worthy of our faith, hope, love and adoration.
- Christians, it’s on us to pray. Let’s get on our knees today and show our children where our trust is.
In Jesus name, AMEN.
Love you all.